Today, Colette Peeters taught a module on The Female Small Pelvis and the Osteopathic Approach: Vaginal & Rectal Internal Techniques for the IAO (International Academy of Osteopathy).
Students received all-day training via livestream on a wide range of topics surrounding the osteopathic approach to the female small pelvis:
- The evidence-based approach
- Osteopathy and ethics
- The social, cultural and psychological context
- Sexuality, taboo and vulnerability in women
- Complementary therapy, tips, advice, nutrition and lifestyle
- Anatomy of the small pelvis
- Red flags
- Communication with the patient (patient-centered approach)
The lecture will give future osteopaths a solid foundation on the issues relating to the female small pelvis and the osteopathic approach to complaints.